Our original and legendary tour!
(available Monday, Wednesday & Friday.)
This full day tour will save you a fortune! We visit factories, markets and stand-alone stores, all personally selected by us to guarantee the best range of shopping opportunities across Shanghai. You will find beautiful silks, fabrics and pearls, have garments tailor made, discover all manner of accessories, handbags, toys, sports equipment, Chinese handcrafts and curios, vibrant peasant art, intricately painted porcelain, a wide range of clothing and fashion, home-wares, handbags, silk covered photo albums and much more! There is also the opportunity to have prescription glasses made – the savings on this alone can pay for your tour! It is most convenient to bring an up to date prescription – but it’s not essential.
08:45 — Meet at pick up point
inside Starbucks at the Shanghai Centre. [click here for map & location]
18:00 (approx) — Return to the Shanghai Centre
Your tour includes:
- Shopping Tours Shanghai shopping bag with essential goodies.
- a friendly local Expat guide from Canada, NZ, USA or Australia
- the chance to sample delicious local dumplings
- air-conditioned transport
- fabulous banquet style lunch at an award winning Shanghainese restaurant
- bargaining tips and pricing information so you don’t get ripped off.
- fascinating commentary and discussion about Shanghai, China, the culture, the people and the history as well as interesting insites into living in Shanghai as an expat.
- invaluable information about where to eat, what to see (and what to miss!), what to do and where to go while in Shanghai – this information can really make your trip!
- a balance of fixed price shopping in endorsed stores and free ranging DIY ‘bargain yourself’ opportunities.
- guides do not receive commissions.
- tailored suits and clothing can be delivered to your hotel.
- only 1200 RMB per person
What to bring:
Comfortable shoes, plenty of cash, bankcard (to use at money machines) and your (or your friends/husbands/partners) favorite suit, shirt, jacket or skirt to have copied at the tailors – alternatively a picture or a good idea of what you would like is a definite advantage when having items tailor made.