The Going Local tour is available most days with a minimum of two people. Booking in advance is required, but feel free to contact us anytime to check availability.
Start the day by meeting your guide at the fabric market where you will be introduced to an amazing array of tailors, all of them whipping up stylish clothing at a fraction of the cost in the shops. You’ll also find a huge range of thrifty accessories to buy here.
From the fabric market, travel by either Metro or Taxi and receive great advice on how to use public transport to get around Shanghai. We'll share the best times to use the public transport, and when you shouldn't hesitate to splurge a bit on taxis or private cars.
After a quick stop for street snacks, get ready to hit the madness of the markets where you can buy everything from prescription glasses to electronic gadgetry. Armed with the bargaining tips your guide has demonstrated to you, you’ll be set up for a fun day of haggling around the market.
At 1:30, after orientating you around the market, your guide will leave you to it… Great fun!
We meet at 10:00 just inside of the fabric market. Click here for a map & Chinese address. and you will finish around 1:30pm.
What does my tour fee include?
- Shopping Tours Shanghai shopping bag.
- A friendly local Expat guide with years of experience of living in Shanghai.
- The chance to sample delicious local food.
- Public transport (Subway or local taxis).
- Bargaining tips and pricing information so you don’t get ripped off.
- Fascinating commentary and discussion about Shanghai, China, the culture, the people and the history as well as interesting insights into living in Shanghai as an expat.
- Invaluable information about where to eat, what to see, what to do and where to go while in Shanghai – this information can really make your trip!
- A balance of fixed price shopping in endorsed stores and the opportunity to bargain yourself, with our pricing guidance.
- The assurance that your guide isn’t collecting commission behind your back!