Half Day Best of Everything
Join us for the morning portion of our most popular group tour and finish after a delicious lunch. Available on Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
After lunch, we will organize a taxi to take you back to your hotel – or, you can opt to stay on and do the full day if you think you will be missing out!
Join us for the morning half-day of our most popular tour! It is available every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (except on Chinese public holidays). Booking in advance is required, but feel free to contact us anytime to check availability.
This is ideal for those who don’t have time for the full day tour. Join us for the morning portion of the tour and finish after a delicious lunch. You will have the opportunity to have clothing tailor made, purchase souvenirs, accessories like cufflinks, ties, belts, scarves and pashminas along with some great gifts. Enjoy the spectacular modern Chinese porcelain and discover how the Chinese make silk. Join us for lunch and then we will organize a taxi to take you back to your hotel – or, you can opt to stay on and do the full day if you think you will be missing out! (This is a great option if you think your partner may be tired of shopping mid-tour.)
We meet at 08:45 inside the Starbucks to the left of the Portman Ritz-Carlton entrance at the Shanghai Centre (click for the map & Chinese address) and you will finish around 1:30 after lunch.
What does my tour fee include?
- Shopping Tours Shanghai shopping bag.
- A friendly local Expat guide with years of experience of living in Shanghai.
- The chance to sample delicious local dumplings.
- Air-conditioned transport.
- Bargaining tips and pricing information so you don’t get ripped off.
- Fabulous banquet style lunch at an award winning Shanghainese restaurant.
- Fascinating commentary and discussion about Shanghai, China, the culture, the people and the history as well as interesting insights into living in Shanghai as an expat.
- Invaluable information about where to eat, what to see, what to do and where to go while in Shanghai – this information can really make your trip!
- A balance of fixed price shopping in endorsed stores and the opportunity to bargain yourself, with our pricing guidance.
- The assurance that your guide isn’t collecting commission behind your back.
- Post-tour follow-up service for any issues that may arise.
- The option to have your goodies shipped by trustworthy couriers if your purchases exceed your baggage allowance.
Tips for a great tour:
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Bring plenty of cash and your bankcard.
- Bring along your (or your friend’s/husband’s/partner’s) favorite suit, shirt, jacket or skirt to have copied at the tailors.
- Print out a detailed picture to get full advantage of your tailoring experience.
If you wan to know what you’ll be missing out on…
if you don’t stay for the full day, look at our Best of Everything tour.
If you’ are looking for a half-day tour but….
would like it tailored to your specific needs, try our Private Custom tour.