Exclusive Best of Everything
This is a private option of our most popular tour. It is an all-inclusive tour for only your group which gives you the opportunity to shop for the best of what Shanghai has to offer in a fun environment while learning about Shanghai and China in the process. Available any day of the week with a minimum of four adults.
This full day tour will save you a fortune! It is available on almost every day of the year and requires a minimum of four adults. Your guide will be able to give your group her full attention.
We visit markets, a factory, and stand-alone stores, all personally selected to guarantee the best range of shopping opportunities across Shanghai.
You will find beautiful silks, fabrics and pearls, have garments tailor-made, discover all manner of accessories, handbags, toys, sports equipment, Chinese handcrafts and curios, vibrant peasant art, intricately painted porcelain, a wide range of clothing and fashion, home-wares, handbags, silk covered stationery and much more! There is also the opportunity to have prescription glasses made – the savings on this alone can pay for your tour!
We meet at 08:45 in the lobby of your centrally located hotel and drop you back at approximately 17:30.
The tour fee is 205 USD / 1350 CNY per person (minimum four people).
This tour is also available as a half-day tour for 145 USD / 950 CNY per person.
What does my tour fee include?
- Shopping Tours Shanghai shopping bag.
- A friendly local Expat guide with years of experience living in Shanghai.
- The chance to sample delicious local dumplings.
- Air-conditioned transport.
- Bargaining tips and pricing information so you don’t get ripped off.
- Fabulous banquet style lunch at an award winning Shanghainese restaurant.
- Fascinating commentary and discussion about Shanghai, China, the culture, the people and the history as well as interesting insights into living in Shanghai as an expat.
- Invaluable information about where to eat, what to see, what to do and where to go while in Shanghai – this information can really make your trip!
- A balance of fixed price shopping in endorsed stores and the opportunity to bargain yourself, with our pricing guidance.
- The assurance that your guide isn’t collecting commission behind your back.
- Post-tour follow-up service for any issues that arise.
- The option to have your goodies shipped by trustworthy couriers if your purchases exceed your baggage allowance.
Tips for a great tour:
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Bring plenty of cash and your bankcard.
- Bring along your (or your friend’s/husband’s/partner’s) favorite suit, shirt, jacket or skirt to have copied at the tailors.
- Print out a detailed picture to get full advantage of your tailoring experience.
- If you’re interested in having prescription glasses made, bring along your lenses or current prescription.
If you’re looking for a private tour for ….
your small group, try a Private Custom tour.