Best of Everything
This is our most popular tour. It is an all-inclusive group tour which gives you the opportunity to shop for the best of what Shanghai has to offer in a fun environment while learning about Shanghai and China in the process. Available on Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
This full day tour will save you a fortune! It is available most Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Booking in advance is required, but feel free to contact us to check availability on your preferred date. We need two people booked in for this tour to go ahead.
We visit markets, a factory, and fabulous stand-alone stores, all personally selected to guarantee the best range of shopping opportunities across Shanghai.
You will find beautiful silks, fabrics, and pearls, have garments tailor-made, discover all manner of accessories, handbags, toys, sports equipment, Chinese handicrafts and curios, vibrant peasant art, intricately painted porcelain, a wide range of clothing and fashion, homeware, handbags, silk covered stationery and much more! There is also the opportunity to have prescription glasses made – the savings on this alone can pay for your tour.
We meet at 08:45 inside the Starbucks to the left of the Portman Ritz-Carlton entrance at the Shanghai Centre (click for the map & Chinese address) and return at approximately 17:30 to the Shanghai Centre.
What does my tour fee include?
- Shopping Tours Shanghai shopping bag
- a friendly local Expat guide with years of experience of living in Shanghai
- the chance to sample delicious local dumplings
- air-conditioned transport
- bargaining tips and pricing information so you don’t get ripped off
- fabulous banquet style lunch at an award winning Shanghainese restaurant
- fascinating commentary and discussion about Shanghai, China, the culture, the people and the history as well as interesting insights into living in Shanghai as an expat
- invaluable information about where to eat, what to see, what to do and where to go while in Shanghai – this information can really make your trip!
- a balance of fixed price shopping in endorsed stores and the opportunity to bargain yourself, with our pricing guidance
- the assurance that your guide isn’t collecting commission behind your back
- post-tour follow-up service for any issues that arise
- the option to have your goodies shipped by trustworthy couriers if your purchases exceed your baggage allowance
Tips for a great tour:
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring plenty of cash and your bankcard
- Bring along your (or your friend’s/husband’s/partner’s) favorite suit, shirt, jacket or skirt to have copied at the tailors
- Print out a detailed picture to get full advantage of your tailoring experience
- If you’re interested in having prescription glasses made, bring along your lenses or current prescription